Wednesday, October 31, 2012

COKE SPIDERS

Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au
Coke Spiders are as close to Halloween as I'm getting this year. I'm not really into all the spooky stuff, but it's such a big community holiday here in Canada, it has rubbed of just a smidge. (Not doing anything celebratory is kind of like being scrooge at Christmas!)

Reflecting on this holiday and growing up without it in Australia, the only thing I could think of that remotely related were 'Coke Spiders'. They're called 'floats' here and I have no idea where the name 'spider ' comes from, maybe the 'spidery' bubbles that appear at the top?? Anyway, regardless, they are yum and I proudly introduced Levi to them yesterday (his first shot of caffeine!).
Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au
Heres a tip when you're needing to make a lot of ice cream balls.
Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au
Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au
Then when you're ready to serve, pop each spoot + ice cream ball into it's own glass.Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au Coke Spiders by www.polkadotprints.com.au

They actually remind me of my pre-married life, when I would go out to 'coffee' with another non-coffee drinking friend of mine and we'd both order these with a garlic bread. Weird combo I know, but we loved them, and now it's a great memory!
Enjoy!


Images by // Jordan - Polkadot Prints

7 comments:

  1. Love spiders! Never thought to freeze the spoon before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Freezing the spoon in the scoop of ice cream is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wouldn't happen to be talking about "coffee" dates with me would you....hahahaha? That was back before I drunk coffee, but thinking about it, I am so going to order that again...I LOVE coke spiders (& garlic bread)! And cute idea, pre-freezing the ice cream spoons, may just have to use that idea for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wouldn't happen to be talking about "coffee" dates with me would you....hahahaha? That was back before I drunk coffee, but thinking about it, I am so going to order that again...I LOVE coke spiders (& garlic bread)! And cute idea, pre-freezing the ice cream spoons, may just have to use that idea for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Emma & Carrie! The freezing definitely saves time (& mess!) when it comes to serving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish, you know it!! :) We might have to hit up the Coffee Club again for old times sake! Although if my memory serves me, I always got a Sprite version for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here in Brazil we have a similar recipe, but in Portuguese it's called "Vaca Preta" = "Black Cow". I think it's because the milk turns black. :)

    ReplyDelete

So great to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'll always answer your questions so please check back for a reply! xo

P.S I had to put the verification back on as spam was well...spamming me! : )